So how can the adoption of video interviewing technology help streamline your recruitment process?
1. Technology is designed to speed up processes and video interviewing software is no different. Rather than spending valuable time conducting multiple face-to-face interviews at the first stage, having a selection of candidate video interviews to watch at your convenience means that time-to-hire is significantly shortened.
2. A video interviewing process is attractive to candidates. Instead of risking time and money travelling to an interview which has no guarantee of progressing, they can complete video interviews at their own convenience without compromising any current state of employment. Once invited to progress, they can feel confident that their presentation skills and personality have been approved and that they are attending an interview with a high chance of being hired.
3. Advanced video interviewing software allows you to source candidates from a pool of data and take them right through the interview stages, dramatically reducing costs and streamlining the whole process. It is easy to keep track of each candidate’s progression along the way and the videos can be watched by multiple people involved in the process to allow for swift, unanimous decisions.
4. Video interviews allow employers access to valuable candidate traits that cannot be portrayed on paper. Evaluation of their presentation skills, attitude and personality from video interviews ensures that a candidate is suitable across a wider range of criteria. This allows employers to choose carefully which candidates they take further, therefore increasing the efficiency of the recruitment process.
5. Today’s society is so adept at using technology that video interviewing can be seamlessly adopted into existing processes. Our reliance on devices in everyday life means that it seems like second nature to incorporate video interviewing into recruitment processes and is already becoming a familiar experience for today’s generation of candidates.