I want you now to repeat this exercise for the remaining three titles, where am I going, what do I have offer, what do I need around me?
Where am I going?
If ‘where have I come from’ were likened to you looking in the rear view mirror of a car, then this question addresses what you see out of your front windscreen, and is intended to capture your key personal goals, dreams and hopes for your future. This section may well include answers like:
• I want to be financially independent, or
• I want to run my own business, or
• I want to retire before I am 50, or
• I want to be the best parent I can be, or
What do I have to offer?
This section is about thinking about and acknowledging key, and sometimes lesser known skills and traits that you posses and should be using more of both within and outside the workplace.
• I am a great listener, or
• I am good with numbers and forecasts, or
• I am a good team player, or
• I am a great ideas person, or
• I am a good communicator, or
What do I need around me?
Think about what it is that you need around you for you to be at your best, or to be at peak performance. It might be things like:
• I thrive on a strong team ethic, or
• I enjoy privacy to think things through, or
• I work best on my own, or
• I enjoy a fun, humorous environment, or
• I need to be able to trust the people I work with, or